The golden age of our grandmothers swearing by their jar of cold cream is long gone. Back then, when the magic of lotions and potions ran out, the only alternative was a drastic (and often scary) wind tunnel style facelift. Wow, how times have changed!
Botox is now a household name and the most popular cosmetic treatment in the world. It is so effective for treating those forehead lines, wrinkles between your brows, and crow’s feet that women and men of all ages are realizing that it’s the perfect way to maintain the youthful appearance of their skin for decades to come.
It is definitely never too late to start using Botox. But, there are many benefits to taking a proactive approach before those wrinkles start. Starting around age 20 (yes, 20!) we start to lose our baby face when our skin’s collagen production slows down. By age 40, our collagen production stops completely. Ouch. Starting Botox as early as your 20s will keep your skin looking smooth even as your body’s collagen production starts slowing down.
You may have heard of “baby,” “micro,” or “mini” Botox treatments, where we use small amounts of Botox to prevent wrinkles associated with movement from ever developing in the first place. This way, you are getting the benefits of prevention while still maintaining a natural look. As one patient puts it…
“When I tell my friends I get Botox injections, they always say ‘But you don’t look like you need it!’ My reply is always ‘Exactly!’ because I never want to look like I need Botox!” - Taylor P. of Maitland, FL (Age 27)
Here are the top 7 reasons for you to consider getting started with Botox Cosmetic treatments:
- You will still look like YOU – Whether you are happy, angry, or surprised, everyone will know! By using small amounts of Botox, you will not look “fake” or “frozen” with this subtle treatment.
- You’ll be ahead of the game – Preventing wrinkles is way easier (and less expensive) than fixing those deep lines later in life.
- Save time on your skincare and make up routine – When you wake up with your skin looking great, you can just get up and go!
- There is no down side to getting started early – If for any reason you want to put your treatments on hold (such as having a baby), you can stop any time with no negative effects.
- You’ll be happier! – Not only will you have a boost in confidence by stopping your wrinkles in their tracks, researchers report that people who receive Botox actually feel happier.
- Botox treatment isn’t just for wrinkles – We can make your eyes look wider, lift your brows, contour your jaw, improve a dimpled chin, and many other beauty tricks that have nothing to do with age.
- Botox injections are fast and simple – go right back to work or out with friends immediately after your treatment.
If you would like to know more about Botox for preventing wrinkles, please schedule a consultation with one of our expert injectors.