Lines on your face can be caused by the movement of your muscles, such as when you smile or frown. As we age, these lines get deeper and more noticeable. You may have earned every one of your worry lines, but they don’t have to be the first thing people notice about you. Botox is a safe and effective way to restore a softer, more youthful appearance.
Botox is the most popular cosmetic procedure in the world with millions of treatments performed every year!
Where is Botox used?
- Between the eyebrows (glabella, worry lines, or the 11s)
- Around the eyes (crow’s feet)
- Forehead lines
- Brow lift
- Nose (nasalis, bunny lines, or wolf lines)
- Around the mouth (lip lines or smoker’s lines)
- Down-turned mouth (DAOs)
- Dimpling of the chin (mentalis)
- Neck bands (platysmal bands)
How does Botox work?
Botox is a purified protein that reduces the movement of targeted muscles. After your treatment, your skin will appear smoother and less wrinkled while still being able to make normal facial expressions.
Will I look fake or frozen?
Looking “fake” or “frozen” is often the result of using too much Botox, which can make someone’s face barely move when speaking or making facial expressions. The expert injectors at Orlando Skin Solutions believe in a conservative treatment approach with Botox. We use advanced injection techniques to create a more natural appearance, using only as much Botox as necessary to achieve your desired result.
What can I expect during my Botox treatment?
Botox is a simple and safe procedure. Using a tiny needle, a small amount of Botox is injected into the targeted muscles. Because the needle is so tiny and only a small amount of fluid is used, there is hardly any discomfort.
What will the area look like immediately after my Botox treatment?
Your Botox treatment area may appear red and swollen at the injection sites, similar to bug bites. This usually resolves quickly, within minutes to hours.*
Is there any downtime with Botox?
There is very little downtime with Botox. The tiny bumps from the injections resolve quickly and you can resume your normal activities after 6 hours. You may experience tiny bruises at the injection sites, which may be covered with makeup after 6 hours.*
When can I expect to see the results of my Botox treatment?
You will start to notice the effect about 2 to 3 days after the treatment. The majority of the results is usually noticeable after 1 week, but the full result can take up to 2 weeks.*
How long will the results of my Botox treatment last?
The injections will need to be repeated approximately every 3 to 4 months to maintain your results.*
* Your Results May Vary
What should I do to prepare for my Botox treatment?
- To reduce the risk of bruising, avoid any pain relievers or other medications that cause excess bleeding, including aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), naproxen (Aleve), Vitamin E, ginko biloba, ginseng, garlic, feverfew, St. John’s Wort, or fish oil for at least 1 week before and 24 hours after your treatment. Consult your health care provider before stopping any prescribed medications. Avoid drinking alcohol for at least 24 hours before and after your treatment. If you are prone to bruising, you may benefit from taking an Arnica Montana supplement for up to 1 week before and after your treatment.
- Due to the risk of bruising, please schedule your treatment at least 2 weeks prior to any important events to allow time for any bruising to resolve.
- Do not use Botox if there is any chance you could be pregnant, are breastfeeding, or are allergic to any of its ingredients. Please notify us if you have a history of neurological disorders.
- If you have a history of oral herpes (cold sores or fever blisters), consult your health care provider regarding medication to reduce the chance of an outbreak.
- Please be prepared to provide the names of all medications you take, including prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements.
- Wash the area thoroughly prior to your treatment. The treatment area must be clean of any makeup, perfumes and skincare products.
What should I do after my Botox treatment?
- Avoid pressure or rubbing the treated areas for at least 6 hours after your treatment, including washing your face.
- Avoid laying down, or performing any strenuous or downward-facing activities for at least 6 hours after your treatment.
- Any tiny bumps or marks will likely go away within a few hours. You may experience slight bruising at the injection sites, which may be covered with makeup after 6 hours. Any bruising may improve with the use of an Arnica Montana supplement.
- The full result of your treatment may take up to 14 days. It is normal to experience an uneven result during that time.
- Contact the office as soon as possible if you have any concerns regarding your treatment. E-mail communication is encouraged outside of normal business hours.
- Please see the Prescribing Information for Botox Cosmetic for full product details.